Flywheel Software is a high-growth technology startup offering a customer segmentation platform on Snowflake and BigQuery that is changing the way businesses acquire, retain, and win back their customers. We are a completely bootstrapped and profitable startup with clients like Indeed, Google, and Uber.
Our Mission 🧭
Unlock the value of data in the cloud data warehouse to make it drive massive, real-world impact.
How we work 💼
- A collaborative team that strongly believes in taking the learner's mindset
- We encourage exploration of new technologies
- We believe in empowering every person on our team to do their best work
- Dedication to building a product people love
- We build slowly but surely for the long term. We are transparent about the challenges of building a great company. We are humble in facing those challenges. But, we know that if we keep improving every day the Flywheel turns.
About the Position
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Data Science Engineer that wants to learn how to combine the best of strategy and machine learning to produce outsized business impact. This role will have the opportunity to learn how to apply machine learning / artificial intelligence models to some of the most important problems businesses face.
- Query massive datasets efficiently to build data models****
- Visualize data in useful, clear, and interesting ways
- Build machine learning models on billions of data points
- Develop presentations articulating Flywheel’s results to clients
- Build out customer marketing strategies to retain and upsell customers through marketing programs via email, retargeting, and mobile interactions.
- You are passionate about marketing data analysis and helping customers reach and exceed their goals.
- You have an insatiable intellectual curiosity
- You have Intermediate level Python experience and understand the basics of version control
- You have at least 4+ years’ work experience in Analytics or equivalent, including strong SQL skills (in addition to any internships).
- You have a demonstrated interest in machine learning.
- You have a minimum of a Bachelors’ degree or equivalent.
- You have strong data visualization experience (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio)
- You have experience presenting to external clients.
- You are able to articulate clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences. You are able to self-manage (we don’t micromanage here)
What Makes You Standout
- You have completed a Bootcamp program in Data Marketing Analytics.
- You have strategy consulting experience.
- You have previous start-up experience.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Machine Learning, Advanced Mathematics, or a similar degree.
We are a collaborative team that strongly believes in taking the learner's mindset to everything we do. This role will have the opportunity to learn how to apply machine learning / artificial intelligence models to some of the most important problems businesses face.
By joining our team, we hope you will change the trajectory of your professional career and that of our business.
- Spot bonuses for major milestones
- Grow into leadership roles as we scale
- Startup equity for star performers
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible remote work policies
- Regular Happy Hours and team activities
Platinum Benefits 🧑🏻💻
- Free Platinum Health Insurance with Aetna
- 401(k) Program with Generous Company Match
- Flexible Work from Home (WFH) Policies
Learn and Grow ✍️
- Education Stipend towards your professional development
- Work directly with senior leaders
- Learners’ mindset culture