Flywheel Software is a high-growth technology startup offering a customer segmentation platform on Snowflake and BigQuery that is changing the way businesses acquire, retain, and win back their customers. We are a completely bootstrapped and profitable startup with clients like Indeed, Google, and Uber.
Our Mission 🧭
Unlock the value of data in the cloud data warehouse to make it drive massive, real-world impact.
How we work 💼
- A collaborative team that strongly believes in taking the learner's mindset
- We encourage exploration of new technologies and ownership to drive them
- We believe in empowering every person on our team to do their best work
- Dedication to building a product people love
- We build slowly but surely for the long term. We are transparent about the challenges of building a great company. We are humble in facing those challenges. But, we know that if we keep improving every day the Flywheel turns.
In this role, you will be working with clients to understand the nuances of their business and translate them into efficient and accessible data models. You’re passionate about the organization and optimization of data architecture, you enjoy taking a complicated problem and breaking it down into manageable pieces, and you’re not afraid to spend a bit more time building out tooling or processes in a repeatable way to make your life easier down the line.
If you are someone who is oriented around growth, excited about a fast-paced environment packed with opportunities this might be interesting to you.
- Engineer and optimize the ingestion of massive amounts of data into cloud data warehouses
- Work directly with clients to understand what their data looks like, how they want to use it, and what’s getting in their way
- Design and build data models that support and enable the needs of the client
- Iterate on our workflow to make it more efficient
- 2+ years experience in SQL
- 2+ years experience in Python
- Hands-on experience with the design, development, and maintenance of cloud data warehouses
- Strong knowledge of relational database and data warehousing fundamentals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity to learn new (cloud) technologies
- Ability to self-manage
Nice to have:
- Experience with transformation orchestration tools such as DBT
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with Machine Learning model training and productionization
We are a collaborative team that strongly believes in taking the learner's mindset to everything we do. By joining our team, we hope you will change the trajectory of your professional career and that of our business.
- Spot bonuses for major milestones
- Grow into leadership roles as we scale the company
- Equity incentives for employees making an impact
Flexible Work Style
- Flexible remote work policies
- Flexible schedules and goal-based workstyle
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Recharge Days
- Free Platinum Health Insurance with Aetna
- 401(k) Program with Generous Company Match
- Flexible PTO and WFH Policies
Learn and Grow
- Quarterly Hackathons to focus on team passion projects
- Education Stipend towards your professional development
- Work directly with Founders (ex-Googlers)
- Learners’ mindset culture