Flywheel is a high-growth technology startup building an audience platform that is changing the way businesses acquire, retain, and winback their customers. Our clients include Google, Indeed, and the Boston Red Sox. Our team applies best-in-class architecture and technology to build a system that is both functional and beautiful.
We are looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer that wants to work in data warehouse and data lake development in the cloud at petabyte scale. This is a unique role to work directly with Data Engineering and DevOps to help us architect and build analytical systems in Google BigQuery, Amazon RedShift and Snowflake with some of the most advanced companies in the world.
- Architect and design thoughtful and scalable data models, ready for BI and machine learning use cases
- Develop highly efficient SQL data pipelines using tools like Airflow, DBT, and Spark
- Design and implement effective ways to import vast amounts of data reliably
- 5+ years work experience in BI Engineering or equivalent
- Expertise in SQL, scalable data pipeline development, column-oriented databases (e.g. BigQuery and Redshift), and analytical data modeling
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of design, development, and maintenance of analytical data warehouses/lakes using both distributed file systems and cloud scale data processing systems
- Experience building data integration frameworks to accelerate time to value on common integration challenges
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity to learn new (cloud) technologies
- Ability to self-manage (we don’t micromanage here)
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with distributed data processing tools like Spark, Presto, Beam or Glue for either batch or streaming pipelines
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Machine Learning model training and productionization
We are a collaborative team that strongly believes in taking the learner's mindset to everything we do. By joining our team, we hope you will change the trajectory of your professional career and that of our company.