Flywheel is a high-growth technology startup building an audience platform that is changing the way businesses acquire, retain, and winback their customers. Clients include Google, Indeed, and the Boston Red Sox. We apply best-in-class architecture and technology to build a system that is both functional and beautiful.
We are looking for an outstanding Cloud Data Engineer that wants to play a core role in the development of our data platform.
- Build cloud infrastructure that enables deploying machine learning models over billions of historical data points.
- Develop data pipelines powered by Apache Spark and other modern big data processing systems.
- Develop a data backend comprised of transactional, analytical and NoSQL databases. Maintain a data lake that supports fast and reliable analytics of terabytes of data.
- Monitor the performance of machine learning models and data pipelines, ensuring the integrity of incoming data feeds.
- Build orchestration tooling necessary to coordinate data pipelines and find opportunities to unify our infrastructure.
- Work extensively on our data infrastructure, including data streaming, data integration, and internal tooling for data warehouses across GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift and Snowflake.
- Our backend stack includes Python, Airflow, dbt, Spark, Django and Terraform with Kubernetes.
- 5+ years work experience in Data Engineering at scale and in production, supporting the use cases listed above.
- Strong demonstrated ability to lead systems design while working well with a team.
- Strong ownership of your work with a focus on shipping.