Flywheel Software is a high-growth technology startup offering a customer segmentation platform on Snowflake and BigQuery that is changing the way businesses acquire, retain, and win back their customers. We are a completely bootstrapped and profitable startup with clients like Indeed, Google, and Uber.
Our Mission 🧭
Unlock the value of data in the cloud data warehouse to make it drive massive, real-world impact.
How we work 💼
- A collaborative team that strongly believes in taking the learner's mindset
- We encourage exploration of new technologies
- We believe in empowering every person on our team to do their best work
- Dedication to building a product people love
- We build slowly but surely for the long term. We are transparent about the challenges of building a great company. We are humble in facing those challenges. But, we know that if we keep improving every day the Flywheel turns.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Data Engineer. This is a unique role to work directly with Flywheel Platform Engineering, Data Science, and DevOps teams to help us architect and build tools for programmatic data model generation. You have experience with various open source and third-party tools (DBT, Matillion, Data Flow) and have a deep understanding of tool-independent principles for good data modeling. Our customers are some of the most advanced companies in the world, their first-party data lives in Google BigQuery, Snowflake, and Amazon Redshift with some of the most advanced companies in the world. You will help build new tools and services to create the core Flywheel Data Models (Customer Details, Transactions, Events) in a repeatable and efficient way. High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale problems.
- Architect and design scalable data platforms that work hand in hand with the product.
- Work with the internals of distributed compute engines like DBT, Flink, or Spark.
- Architect and Design thoughtful and scalable data models, ready for BI and machine learning use cases
- Work on data services like Entity Resolution and Identity Resolution.
- Support and Develop existing SQL data pipelines using tools like Airflow, DBT, and Spark
- Experience with 3rd party and open-source data import tools like Singer, Matillion, Fivetran
- Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift experience
- Optimize queries and incremental SQL pipelines for cost efficiency and speed
- Lead a cross-functional team, including analytics, engineering, and product in developing all of the above in complex hybrid cloud environments
- 5+ years work experience in Data Modeling, Data Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Expertise in SQL, scalable data pipeline development, column-oriented databases (e.g. BigQuery and Redshift), and analytical data modeling
- Hands-on experience with all aspects of design, development, and maintenance of analytical data warehouses/lakes using both distributed file systems and cloud-scale data processing systems
- Experience building data integration frameworks to accelerate time to value on common integration challenges
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity to learn new (cloud) technologies with an ability to self-manage (we don’t micromanage here)
We are a collaborative team that strongly believes in taking the learner's mindset to everything we do. This role will have the opportunity to learn how to apply machine learning / artificial intelligence models to some of the most important problems businesses face.
By joining our team, we hope you will change the trajectory of your professional career and that of our business.
- Spot bonuses for major milestones
- Grow into leadership roles as we scale the company
- Equity incentives for employees making an impact
Flexible Work Style
- Flexible remote work policies
- Flexible schedules and goal-based workstyle
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Recharge Days
- Free Platinum Health Insurance with Aetna
- 401(k) Program with Generous Company Match
- Flexible PTO and WFH Policies
Learn and Grow
- Quarterly Hackathons to focus on team passion projects
- Education Stipend towards your professional development
- Work directly with Founders (ex-Googlers)
- Learners’ mindset culture