Flywheel Audience Platform connects directly to BigQuery so you can leverage the customer data in your data warehouse to create audiences in a few clicks.
To connect to BigQuery, you simply need to follow two steps:
- Create a Service Account with the proper permissions in Google Cloud
- Load Service Account to Flywheel during onboarding flow
1. Sign up for Flywheel Software
2. Enter your Organization details
3. Select BigQuery as your Data Warehouse
- Ask your Flywheel Solutions Architect for your Flywheel GCP Service Account. It will look something like this:
- Navigate to Google Cloud Console in your browser.
- Navigate to the Project that contains the BigQuery instance you want to connect Flywheel with. This will be the project where you have Bigquery tables you want Flywheel to create audiences from. We call this your READ project.
- Click IAM & Admin on left menu
- Click Add
11. Insert your Flywheel Service Account and Add Roles to Service Account to give it access to the BigQuery tables you will use to generate audiences.
- BigQuery Data Viewer
- BigQuery Job User
- BigQuery Read Session User
12. Press SAVE and then CONTINUE button.
13. Contact your Flywheel Solutions Architect and let them know you've given the Flywheel Service Account access and they will complete your BigQuery Connection.
14. Flywheel will verify your credentials can connect to a BigQuery project.
15. Once we verify, you'll be able to start connecting tables to Flywheel.
Now that you've connected your source and set up your database, learn how to create an audience! Check out Intro to Audiences for more details.