In this tutorial, you will learn how to create an audience and define its criteria from scratch. Need a refresher on what an audience is? Check out Intro to Audiences.
1. Navigate to Audiences under Platform in the Flywheel app.
2. Click New Audience in the upper right hand corner of the Audiences tab.
3. Input the name of the Audience you are aiming to build, along with any relevant descriptions and/or tags for the audience.
4. On the right hand side, under Audience Report, you can see the total number of customers in your connected datasets.
5. To apply your audience, click Add Filters in the top right of each connected dataset.
6. As you begin to add and specify your filters, you will see the customer count update under Audience Report to reveal the size of the audience with your current filters applied.
7. If you are looking to obtain campaign evaluation metrics, such as spend uplift for the audience, you can use the slider on the right hand side to adjust the percentage of customers fitted to either the treatment (will receive the advertisement) or control (will not receive).
8. Once you are happy with the audience and are ready to export, or just want to save your edits for later, click the Save button in the upper right hand corner of the page.
9. Once saved, look again to the upper right hand corner of the page to view your options with this audience.
- Edit: Edit the audience to make adjustments.
- Copy: Copy the audience to adjust filters, while keeping the original intact. Make sure to name the copied audience accordingly so that you know the difference between this audience and the original.
- Delete: Delete the audience. Once this action is taken you can't revert.
- Export: Export the audience to one of many CRM or Ad destinations!
10. All created and saved audiences are easily viewable and filterable from the Audiences tab.
Want to learn how to export your audience to Facebook, Adwords, or other destination platforms? Go to the Destinations category to learn how.